Friday, March 28, 2014

This Crazy Life.....and a sketch!

Happy Friday to you!

I see light at the end of the tunnel........there's rain falling from the sky today instead of that white stuff we've put up with for the last few months!

Don't think I've ever been so pleased to see rain although my hair is suffering already.  The plus something temperatures are doing nothing for my do!

Anyhow I'm excited today also, because I get to post a layout. Don't know why but it seems like forever since I last posted a scrapbook page, as opposed to a card.  Doubly excited as well, because I have a sketch for you too.

Since the Silhouette arrived in my house, bought by the jolly old guy in the red suit, I've been playing around with creating sketches using the software.  I've tried various programs before.....Paint, Gimp etc without any success.  I came to conclusion I'm just too computer illiterate!

Till now!!

I love using the Silhouette software.....so easy once you get a little used to it.  So I'm glad to say I am finally moving into the digital age as far as sketches go.......no more pencil and ruler for this girl!

Now I know you'll miss those painstakingly sketched efforts (she says rolling her eyes!) but believe me.....it's for the best!  20 mins effort compared to 2 hours work.....I'll take it!

So, I'm starting today with a pretty simple one (they get a little more involved) inspired by my first layout using my recent DT Kit from Two Scrapbook Friends...........'A Charmed Life' collection by Simple Stories.

Here's the sketch first:


Better huh?

And here's my layout:



My eldest and her Dad acting goofy at my Birthday dinner......we're a refined bunch!

I used the Cameo to cut chevrons in the background paper, then stitched around them.


This collection has a co-ordinating sticker sheet so I put a few of them to good use, together with some more shapes I had cut.


For the title I used a cute little shaped paper clip from Freckled Fawn (you can find them in the store) together with some die cut letters and a sticker.


That's about it for my page, but feel free to use the sketch if you get the urge.  I'd love to see the results so drop me a comment if you do and I'll stop by.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week as there are more layouts (and sketches) on the horizon.

Take care,
Jayne.x.

5 comments:

Kerry

This is so cool Jayne! I didn't know you could design sketches on the Silhouette! I really wish there was a manual! So much inspiration and so little time, I hope I get the chance to play along. xx

JanR

I most certainly will miss your sketched sketches and I most certainly did not roll my eyes when I said that. I always thought your sketches were so cool, and I loved the hand drawn look of them. That said, I can totally see why the 20 minute Silhouette variety fits into your busy lifestyle better!! It's a wonderful sketch and you created a fabulous page with it. I especially like all the chevrons.

Tracy Penney

Oh I really like this sketch and I hope use it when I can find a bit of scrappy time. I really like that paper collection and your layout is amazing. The pictures are adorable too.

Dee

WOW! WOW! WOW! That's all I can say. Love your sketch and layout too! I will miss your hand done sketches though...they were so you...lol

Joanne

Wow! This layout is so amazing! Great job on the sketch also! Look at you go!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...