Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas (card)..........

Finally.......... made it back to my blog after another busy week. I managed to finish a couple of cards I've been working on, so at least I'll be back on Sunday with my second creation, but for today's effort........I'll admit......I could resist no longer.............my first 'white on white' card.............


I did an easel card for this one and unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed with the photograph due to too much glare. I tried all different angles with the same result, so I guess that'll teach me for using white satin ribbon, a crystal tipped pin and enough glitter to fill a snowglobe! Oh well, we live and learn. You'll just have to take my word for how awesome it looks in real life. (lol!)

So, need I say where these super cute images are from? For those who are not aware of my addiction to anything Lori Boyd.......they are, of course, just a small collection of Lollipops and Sugarsticks from byLoriDesigns, which you can find at the Lollipop Shop. As the sentiment reads "From our family to yours", they are meant to represent my family on this card, and I've gotta say, they're a pretty good match up! The images are (for those who such as myself, really need to know!) from left to right, Avery Lollipop, Tammy Sugarstick, George Sugarstick and Lacie Lollipop. My goodness, are we cute.....hee, hee!

I coloured everything with my Prisma pencils and used Copic markers just for skin tones. I used a silver gel pen for Tammy's necklace and belt and there is oodles of glitter on everyone....except George of course! The figures are popped at various levels to create dimension, which you probably can't tell from the photo, as well as the background where I've used two different embossing folders. Here's another view of the card closed, although I'm not sure if it helps.......

There's a fair bit of stuff going on on this card so I'll try to quickly skip through the 'deets'. For anyone whose interested, it's a 6"x6" card, I used both a Spellbinders and Cuttlebug embossing folder, and a Martha Stewart 'icicle' punch (which I glittered) for the outside, and a snowflake EK Success punch for the base. You are blinded of course by the white satin ribbon, and there is white lace also on the base. The stick pin is from Maya Road and here's my little tip......I love using pins on cards but I'm always wary of sending them due to the obvious hazards. So, I always conveniently place an embellishment nearby, in this case a snowflake, and use a foam dot whenever possible (or maybe a glue dot) to 'pop' it, thereby giving me a relatively safe place to insert, hide and enclose the end of the pin. Obvious huh? No-one said it was going to be enlightening (lol).

Anyhow where was I............I made the tag from a piece of chipboard, printed the sentiment from my PC and adhered, sanded and added the ribbon. The snowflakes are all punched using 2 different sized EK Success punches I've had for a while and not used........they were glittered and then layered to create more depth, and finally the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment is again printed from my PC and cut using a Nestie.

Is that it......hope so. OK, after all that hard work, this baby is heading into a whole load of challenges. The nominees are as follows:

Bee Crafty - #42 Christmas

Crafty Cardmakers - Dry Embossing

There She Goes - #80 Create A Scene

A Spoonful Of Sugar - #129 Snow/Snowflakes

Top Tip Tuesday - #9 Use an Image and/or leave a Tip

For Fun Challenges - Dry Embossing

The ABC Challenge - H is for Holidays

ABC Christmas Challenge - W is for Winter Wonderland (and White)

Crafts and Me Challenges - #17 Glitter

Some Odd Girl Challenge Blog - Digi Day Early Bird Challenge....Dimension

Delightful Challenges - Glitter It Up

Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - Time for you to Sparkle

If The Shoe Fits - #54 DIY (a handmade embellishment)

The Character Cafe - Embossing

Stamp Something - Digi Day

Easy Craft Project The Challenges - #25 Red

Alota Rubber Stamps - #46 Tag You're It

Have a great weekend.

23 comments:

Sherry Eckblad

Jayne, your card is fabulous and I love how you colored your family.

Vicky

Hi this is sooooo beautiful I love the image its got 1 missing for my family lol. Your colouring is amazing.
Thank you for joining us at CPF this week, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous

Jayne, this is amazing! I absolutely LOVE it!!xxx

Cleota

Loving the easel card and all the embossing! Great job! Thanks for joining The Character Cafe challenge this week.

Helen

Gorgeous card - love all the texture!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas CHallenge!
Helen x

Robin

Love the fabulous white background! Thanks for playing in the early bird challenge with Some Odd Girl!

ChristineCreations

What an adorable card! Awesome coloring too!

Anonymous

Hi Jayne! love the fact you coloured your stamped image the same colour as your blog photo! tehhehee!! and the picture is just fine too! love your white card, Thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge this time! Samantha :0)

Kim Sonksen

Wonderful. Love the images and the textures on your card
Thank you so much for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL

Lorraine A

Oh wow !! this is gorgeous Jayne :-) The image is fab and the embossing and sparkle are lovely :-) i love the white satin ribbon too ,,, perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mary's Creatieve verslavings Blog

Hi Jayne,

what a sweet card and what a great colorring.
great job!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges,

Mary

Joanne

I totally love this card! It is awesome and makes me want to try a white on white color scheme!
Joanne xo

Jessica L

Oooh! This is just FABULOUS! Love those colors popping off the page! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Character Cafe! Hope to see you again soon!

Gram's Treasures

This is lovely, thanks so much for joining us at The Character Cafe this week.

Fink

Just to darn cute! Thanks for joining us at The Character Cafe

Lisa

This is adorable and I love the images...have never seen them before and now I'm in love. Thanks for the info on that and thanks for joining us at FFC this week!

Kendra

Love this card! The pic is not as bad as you think :) Great idea to have the lollipop people instead of a photo. Cute.

Georgia

Great card love the embossing.

Anonymous

These images are so precious!! I love the one with the snow!! These would make wonderful Christmas cards!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

Unknown

this is gorgeous! i LOVE IT! wow! Thanks for joining us this week at If the Shoe fits....SCRAP IT!

Lin

Gorgeous!!

Your family are coloured so beautifully and really make this mainly white card a real mantlepiece filler.

Thanks for joining in our dry embossing spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Jenni

Gorgeous, love how the images stand out against the white background. Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Jennni x

crafty amy

Wow this is amazing! I love the cute family and the white on white shows it off perfectly :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...