Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hugs........

I'm back today with another Christmas card, this time in traditional colours. I used a cute image I picked up a while ago from Pollycraft, that has been sitting extremely patiently, waiting for me to add some colour. Wait no longer my friend........here's Sydney........


So I chose this image called Sydney Hugs, mainly because she reminded me very much of my eldest dd, or rather her unconditional attachment to a certain brown bear. It's not actually a Christmas image, but I thought it would work well with the sentiment I had in mind. I must confess also........I did intentionally 'chop off' the bottom portion of this image.........(not something I'm all that keen on doing after someone has gone to the trouble of designing the whole thing!), but I think sometimes you need to, such as here, where I wanted to concentrate on the 'HUGGING' theme.

On to the 'deets'..........as you can see, no Prisma pencils! I'm having a bit of a Copic's phase right now, probably due to the fact that I invested in half a dozen new shades. Be prepared, I will be back with a few more Copic creations in the near future, as I've been colouring like crazy the last few days. Whether I'll actually get around to blogging them is another matter!

So what do we have here........DP's are from SEI (they're embossed and have lots of lovely glitter on there which I don't think you can see in the photo!), stickpins from Maya Road, a chipboard heart, button and ribbon from my stash....not sure of manufacturers, and the sentiment is printed from my PC. I also used a Martha Stewart punch to create a co-ordinating photo corner.

Sydney will of course be entering a few challenges (anyone would think it's getting close to Christmas!):

Christmas Stampin All Year Long - #70 Stripe challenge

The Stamp Man Challenge Blog - #9 Christmas

Crazy 4 Challenges - #63 Christmas

Totally Gorjuss -#56 Traditional Christmas colours

Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog - #47 Anything Christmassy/Winter

2 Sisters Challenge Blog - #13 Christmas

Sentimental Sundays - #29 Childhood

I Did It Creations Challenge Blog - #29 Traditional Christmas Colours

Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Merry Christmas

Lexi's Creations - #27 Traditional Christmas colours

Pollycraft Challenge - #70 Glittery Christmas

Lollipop Crafts - #16 Very Girlie

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge - #93 Christmas

Tuesday Throwdown - #26 Buttons and Bows

The Pixie Cottage - #45 Sketch and/or ribbon and bows

ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for Xmas

Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings - #12 Christmas theme (plus ribbon)

Digi Stamps 4 Joy - #6 Inspired by Christmas

Have a great weekend.....I'll be back soon.....I hope.

28 comments:

jaine drake

Oh I love the image it's soo cute. Lovely card. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

Mary J

OH Jayne, she is just wonderful - uber cute!!


Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and I hope you can join us at our next challenge!

Joey

Hi Jayne

ooooh Sydney works so well on this Christmas card I love your colours such a bright and cheerful card, she reminds me of my daughter too lol

Joey.xx

Lisa

Gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at The Stamp Man!

Tameko

Jayne, this card is adorable. Great job coloring Sydney. Lovely color combo and a perfect sentiment choice. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Sadilla

Lovely! The image is so cute and cozy! =)
thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!
hugs
sadia

Dorcas

THis is so cute! THanks for joining us at CI!

papertrails leaver

what a precious card! I like the traditional Christmas colors! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

HappyCrafter

Lovely card! The sentiment is very sweet and I like the pins you used. Glad you played along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays :-)

Davi

Sweet image and the dps are great with her. I love the ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

cheryl

oh this is really beautiful the coulrs and detail on this are just pure eye candy,
bless you for playing at the pixie cottage,hope too see you again soon love hugs cherylxxxxxxxx

Jeanette

This is so sweet. I love your mix of patterns and colors. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Adrina

What a sweet card, lovely papers too.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

paola

A stunning little ensemble, with beautiful details, thanks for joining us at the Pixie cottage
smiles
Paola

...just Peggy

A beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts.

Brenda Brown

HI Jayne - I love all the cards you have been making recently. Sorry I haven't been over to see you - but I am still alive, just. I have had the girls today so must catch up with paperwork tomorrow, and I am determined to still keep the creating and making going. Work continues to take all of my other time and will for another week or so. I will be back to commenting more regularly soon.
Take care.
Luv {brenda} xox

Tracey

This is a gorgeous Christmas card Jayne, I love the bright colours :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Bonnie Garby

Great Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Ann English

Wonderful! Love your design and papers! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Cor*

This is sooooooooooo non-traditional it is GREAT! FAB papers and Embellies! Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2)

Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along in the Lollipop Crafts Challenge! :D

CARLA PREDIGER

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at IDIC.

Denise @ kc242

Wow what a beautiful card! I love all of your fine details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the pixie cottage.
Denise
PC-DT

Helen

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Suzi Mac

Gorgeous card, love the PC image and the papers you've used. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week, good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Katie

Cute card!
Thanks so much for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Lori

Love the heart button, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, we're happy to have you!

Lorraine A

Gorgeous card Jayne and a lovely way to use a non christmassy imege :-) i love the ribbon and button too ,,, perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...