Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Father's Day.......in July!?!

I've been lucky enough to have had my parents visiting from across the pond last month, followed by my in-laws this month....(also from across the pond.) So I'm driving around the other day and suddenly realize that the gift for latter mentioned father is still sitting in a dark corner of my scrap closet........this is where I stashed it many weeks ago, so that I wouldn't forget to hand it over in person when they arrived. Ooops......I forgot! Hence, Father's Day in July.....better late than never I guess.

So this was the card that was tucked in there........

.....is he a 'Dude' or what? As soon as I saw this image (whose name is Leroy by the way) from In Style Stamps I knew he would be perfect. Let's just say that both of the gents mentioned are, unfortunately, a little challenged in the hair department these days! Fortunately, (for me!) they both have a sense of humour, as the sentiment reads "Remember the 'Good Old Days'........when you had hair!"

This is the version I handed over (on the correct date) to my Dad, with a slight variation in hair colour, both on the head and chest (he he!) to make it a little more personal.......

I coloured with the usual suspects......Prisma pencils, gamsol and Copic markers and the background PP's are from the Basic Grey Max and Whiskers line.

That's all for now.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...