Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Christmas in July......

Well, we're back, rested, rejuvenated, and the vacation is over, so back to reality. It seems everywhere I look at the moment, I see the above phrase. Maybe it's just a ploy to throw us into the mad panic of Christmas shopping and card making! Anyhooooooo.........I don't think I'll be starting either anytime soon! That said, I did come up with this little creation for the challenge over at Mo's Challenge Blog, the theme for which is........you guessed it......Christmas in July!




I decided to use one of her images which, probably has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, but hey....I thought it was cute and I like a challenge!


I coloured, again with a combo of Prisma's, Copic's and Gamsol, added a little Tim Holtz Distress Stickles on the wreath for 'snow', sponged a little around the image using a ColorBox Cat's Eye 'Chalk" ink pad and finished with last Christmas' leftovers of BoBunny pp, ribbon and a Martha Stewart holly sticker.


I realize it's not overly 'Christmassy' but I just couldn't bring myself to dig into the whole holiday assortment just yet......I'm still dusting sand from my flip flops.....let me enjoy it a little while longer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...