Saturday, January 25, 2014

Oh how they grow!!

Good morning

I thought I'd post bright and early on a Saturday morning as I didn't quite make it here yesterday.  In a couple of hours I'll be off for a happy day of scrapping, good food and good company with a lovely bunch of gals so 'Happy Day' for me........as long as the weather actually co-operates and allows me to get there!

I'm posting a layout today of my daughter's school photo which I completed last week.  I'm impressed that I've actually scrapped it so soon, 3 months after receiving it, especially when there are still Kindergarten photo's to be done!  Oh well, she's now in Grade 5 so no point in rushing I guess.

Love the bright cheery papers on this one from Simple stories, a perfect 'school' themed collection.


I took inspiration from an older sketch over on Stuck?!.......


and had a little fun with the background.  I used a fine line marker and a stencil to create the 'brickwork', then inked up a distress kinda stamp for around the edge of the page.


Gathered a few embellies for the bottom corner..........


and accomplished another 'Silhouette' success for the title!


I wanted to create 'college' style alpha's, so all they needed were a little faux stitching to finish them nicely.

Hopefully I'll get a few pages done today between snacks, so I'll be back on Monday.

Have a great weekend,
Jayne.x.

3 comments:

Tracey

I was supposed to be scrapping in Cambridge today but can't get there. Boo!!! I am so over Winter!!! Hope you make it safely to your scrapping and have fun!!!

Love your page Jayne! An awesome school layout!! Love the bricks on the background!!

JanR

Sweet! I love the stitching you added to the title. Have fun scrapping today.

Unknown

The title work is the perfect touch. Awesome layout :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...