Thursday, January 15, 2015

Inspiration Elevator - New

Good morning, it happens to be the 15th of the month which means it's time for a little........


Our main purpose here at IE is to challenge ourselves, each other and YOU to take the creative process to the next level;  to inspire growth and change in our scrapbooking beyond our usual boundaries.
You can see all of Inspiration Elevator's previous challenges on Facebook .

 This month's challenge is issued by the creative and prolific Lisa Spiegel, a scrapbooker from California who works hard to keep her pages focused on the photos and the story. Here it is in her own words:


" January is a month where we make resolutions, start fresh and have a new outlook towards many things. Our scrapping is the same way! We start new albums, pick "one little word" for new focus and even try new techniques. My challenge this month is to use the word "new" to inspire your page. Try to move beyond new products (although that is fun!) and scrap about something "new" you're committed to (maybe a new diet?), "new" to you experience and while you're at it, use a "new to you" technique. Something you've NEVER tried before this page. Tell us how it goes in your blog post!!"

So.....New huh?

So far I'm slightly unsure of 2015 as there seems to be a little too much 'new' in one form or another!  Makes me realize that I am not overly keen on change.....good or bad......makes me nervous!

For my page this month I decided to play it safe in a way.  I dealt with the obvious instead of delving too deep.......yes, burying my head in the sand but I just wanted to use my scrapping for the therapy it quite often is.  A lighthearted opportunity to let myself go with whatever creative flow I get caught up in.

That said, my 'New' is a 'Do' I'm guessing I will need to explain but my page will do most of that for me!)

A New Do



See.....I told you - nothing deep here, just a new hairstyle for 2015!

My title got me to thinking though, after I'd already got it down on the page, when it's too late to change of course!

I'm not sure the term 'a new do' is commonly used here in North America?  I tried to test out the theory on my daughters, them being born and raised here in Canada, to check if they knew what the heck I meant and they said "Of course.....we listen to you all day".  Hmmm.... I'm not quite sure they are considered a 'controled' experiment!

So just to make things clear - the term 'do' is used pretty commonly in the UK(as far as I'm aware) to refer to your hairstyle (hairdo!) and is quite often shortened to 'do'!

Of course I could be way off and this might only be used by those such as myself from The Midlands or Black Country to be precise......we can be a funny bunch!

On with some deets:

I did try to include a few more 'New' elements, those being my paper collection to start.....fancy that......me buying more paper! Lol

This line is from Pink Paislee's Bella Rouge line.

I also tried a 'new to me' technique for the title (can't believe I haven't tried this before......so not with it!) and cut directly into my background, then layered a co-ordinating paper behind.




A hand-drawn outline helped give a little more definition.

My journalling is written onto vellum (using my Silhouette) - something I love but don't do enough of.

Another 'New' is the style of the page.  I went uber clean and simple for this one - not my usual thing but I actually like it.

Embellishments consist of four things......


a feather tied with jute, a vellum tag, a few enamel dots and a sparse scattering of brads.

I could get used to this if it wasn't for the fact of not making any dent whatsoever in your stash!

(For those that don't realise.....making a dent in your stash means the ability to buy more stash!)

Finally, my background has a mixture of punched circles, stitched lines and doodled pencil drawing.


That's about all from me but we encourage you to check out each designer's creation this month: here's a complete list of this month's participating designers!
  
Jayne Morgan - that's me!
Why not give the challenge a try yourself? Then pop by our Facebook page and share with us what you created!

Have a wonderful day and I'll be back tomorrow.....time to catch up from my slack week of blogging,
Jayne.x.

9 comments:

Lisa Spiegel

Jayne, I've lived in California my whole life and we definitely say new "do". It's super cute and so is your page! LOVE how you did the title..I don't know if I've done that in a while but you've inspired me!

Dee

We always have said a "new do", so you are not out in left field! I love the layout and must try that technique for titles.

wendipooh13

fun page and LOVE your new do!! Super cute and love the colors on your page, the whole design is amazing!!!

JanR

OMG, JAYNE, YOU CUT YOUR HAIR! (Yes, I am yelling.) I LOVE IT, IT LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!

Love the layout too! I especially love the title, it's way cool.

I use "do" all the time. Usually in this sort of manner (to my middle son who's hair is now longish), "Dude, do something about your 'do."

LisaM

Yup, we use do here all the time in WI. Love your new do and your fabulous, full of details page!

Ann

New do works around here, too. I like your title, your new look, and your clean and simple page which is so apropos for this topic! Super page!

Welcome!

Ack, LOVE the new 'do'! You look fabulous! And I'm loving the cas look of this layout! Can't wait to see this new 'do' irl!!! Hugs ~K

Sharon

I love everything about this Jayne! Very cool way to do your title and love the vellum journalling strips!

Tracey

Loving the hair Jayne!! The page is gorgeous also!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...