Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Am So Lucky To Have You!

I think it's time I revealed some of the projects from my last Two Scrapbook Friends DT Kit.

I can't tell you how pleased I was to be blessed by 'The Friends' with one of the recent collections from Authentique.....'Original'..........what more could a 'crafty' girl want?

Not only did it mean I got to play around with Authentique's superb quality papers and stickers, but my creative juices were moved into overdrive by this versatile collection..........it has so many possibilities!
It was easy to become inspired and I thoroughly enjoyed the creative process, so let's share the goods shall we?

First up today, a layout.

I Am So Lucky To Have You


Another page for my hubby!  He's definitely had more than his usual quota of one page per year, for this year.

One of the main elements on this page is the 'harlequin' pattern, which is fussy cut from a sheet of the patterned paper.

I applied Glossy Accents to the rivets to make them appear a little more realistic, and I really like how it 'pops' against the KraftCore background.......the sanded edges of which give that masculine/rustic feel.

I also added a border stitched in orange, to maintain the 'denim' theme which is predominant in this line.



I knew as soon as I saw one of the papers contained a whole collection of jean pockets, my scissors would be put to work and more fussy cutting was on the agenda.

I cut and stitched one of them to hold a handmade note (using notepaper and a border punch) and all lettering was provided by this collections co-ordinating alpha sheet.





A 'matt' of denim, and a key (thanks Carola!) tied within a little burlap, provide cool masculine embellishments.  A few more stickers complete the page.




I did joke with my husband that the burlap turned out looking more like a bale of straw, and if you knew my hubby you'd know this is the closest you'll ever find him to bale of straw!

So that's about it, but it just so happens that this layout works perfectly for the November colour challenge on the Authentique blog, so this baby will be heading over there.

I'll be back in a couple of days with something else I'm sure.
See you then,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

Tracey

I love this Jayne! What a fantastic masculine layout!

Joanne

So fabulous Jayne! I just love what you did with this paper line! All your little details are amazing.
Joanne xo

Dee

WOW! This is awesome..such a wonderful masculine page! Love the layout and the embellishments too! Another great job, Jayne!

Laureen

Love the denim feeling on your layout! Interesting clusters to look at!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...