Friday, September 21, 2012

Designed To Colour

For those of you out there who love to colour in any medium...........Copic, pencils, watercolours, paints etc. you will probably be aware of  new magazine that was released a few months ago called Designed To Colour.

Designed to Color


This little gem is dedicated to the world of colouring in any form, and is a great read for anyone remotely interested in that field.

I couple of months ago I was fortunate enough to have a card accepted for publication......ME........WOW a first for sure (of course I'd like to say that's because it was the first thing I've ever submitted! (lol))

Anyhow, I've since received my own copy in print, and the allotted time has passed, which means I can post the card on my blog, so here goes.


Now I don't mind admitting it's a pretty simple card but there's a story that goes with it.

I made and submitted this card pretty close to the deadline, day before I believe.........I know what you're thinking......"Me, last minute.......surely not!", but I only discovered the magazine on this day and decided what the heck I may as well give it a go.

So I dug out my Copic's, made the card and sent it that afternoon.  I was thrilled when it was accepted but then felt a little guilty.  I almost wanted to e-mail them back explaining I should probably do better!  Still I was/am super excited and will take it no matter what.

The digi for this one btw is from By Lori Designs - quite appropriate really as these were the very first images I ever coloured!  Papers are from Authentique.

If you'd like to check out the magazine, head over to their blog where you'll find a free preview of the latest issue (I'll be making an appearance in that too!:).

Have a great day and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.
-------------------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
Digi Doodle Shop Challenges - #125 Anything Goes
My heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Use a Sentiment
Dude Time Doodles Challenge - Use a Sentiment
Simon Says Stamp - Emboss It
The Perfect Sentiment - #50 Masculine Birthdays
Whimsy Stamps - #51 Anything Goes

Scrap-Creations - Embossing
Papelitos Challenges - #12 Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps Challenge Blog - #133 Use a Die-cut
Shopping Our Stash - #69 Embossing
Through The Craft Room Door - #36 Anything Goes
Hooked On Craft Challenges - #24 Masculine Cards

18 comments:

Kerri

great card and congrats now I will go and look into this mag!!

Lisa Carroll

What an adorable card! You've colored him so well! And I love that subtle, embossed background, it's perfect. :) Thanks so much for playing along in the 'Emboss It!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Sharon

Such a cute card & a perfect sentiment for a dad!! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week!

Anne Temple

Adorable card and love your color choices and coloring. Congrats on being published too - always a great feeling :-). So glad you joined us this week for the Greetings/Sentiment challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

Dee

Congratulations Jayne! We can all say that we knew you WHEN!! Your work should be published in every magazine! Love ya!!!

McCrafty's Cards

Wonderful card, I like the image the papers and the layout,Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

jkreucher

this is cute as can be! love your wonderful coloring and awesome sketch!
thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl die cuts challenge this week!
Judy

Linda

I think this is fabulous! No need to think you should have done better--it's wonderful!

Congratulations on your being published!!

Thanks for joining us at SHopping Our Stash!

Linda

Laureen

Very cute! Congratulations!

KraftyKoolKat

Fab and congrats on getting it published. Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges for our very last Challenge ever this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

NanaConnie

This is so cute, Jayne! Love the papers. Thanks so much for joining us in our "Masculine Birthday" challenge at Perfect Sentiment this week. Hope to see you playing in our next challenge, too.
NanaConnie DT

Deonna B

Great Card and your coloring looks wonderful. I also like your ribbon. Thanks for sharing with Through the Craftroom Door this week.

Tammy

ahh, what a cute card and an adorable image. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

Louise (Mamilou)

Congratulations Jayne. That is wonderful. Your card is very nice and the coloring perfect. I certainly will be looking for that magazine and where it can be purchased. I am really getting into Copics (thanks in part to your wonderful posts/tips at 2SF).

Anonymous

Woohoo!! Congrats Jayne! I love everything about this card!
xx

Jennipher

What a darling card! Thanks for sharing at The Perfect Sentiment.

Bettina L.

Wow this is a beautiful male card. Love the colours and the quilted design is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge final challenge and good luck. Bettina xx

Molly

Great card - thanks for playing along at The Perfect Sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...