Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Time for another Sketchy Challenge!

Yep it's my turn again for a Sketchy Challenge, over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum.
My last design was fairly simple, so I thought we'd have a little more detail on this one. Here's my sketch...........



As you can see I dusted off the old pencil and paper again, so I'm hoping the image is clear enough.
Here's my scrapbook page using the sketch.........




A tribute to my parents who I am truly thankful for, regardless of our 3000 mile separation!
So, as you can see I used a single 4"x6" photograph, but feel free to use multiple, and also flip or rotate the sketch as you wish.
Papers are from the Echo Park 'Victoria Garden' line, so my layout is fairly feminine. It has a slight Victorian feel to it with the doily and flowers.




I would really love to see a masculine version too, by changing up the flowers and using the other elements, such as the banner here.............




This one was cut using a Nestie and layered for extra dimension.
There's also plenty of room for some strip journalling..........




I do hope you'll get a chance to try out the sketch and play along with the challenge. You have until April 15 to upload your creations to the Forum and Gallery, as we always love to see your results.
Most importantly, enjoy!
Have a great day
Jayne.

10 comments:

JanR

What a wonderful sketch! And your layout is fabulous! I really like the feel of it.

Dee

Jayne, your sketch is great and the resulting page is a wonderful salute to your parents. It does indeed show your feminine side :) Thanks for all your hard work and encouragement of others.

Anonymous

OMW Jayne! Amazing sketch and a fabulous LO. Absolutely love it!
xx

Michelle

What a fabulous sketch and your layout is gorgeous! Love it!

Unknown

FAB page Jayne Love those flowers. hugs Elaine

Christa

HOKEY DOODLE!!! This is an amzing sketch! Your rendering is flawless! I love how you showed us a great number of techniques: popped up banner is delish, font choice is stellar, I could go on and on. LOVE your work and love working with you.

Carolyn Wolff

Totally amazing Jayne. Your sketch is just awesome.....and your layout!!!! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us.

Joanne

Great sketch and lovely layout! I love your heartfelt journaling.
Joanne xo

Christy

I created a layout based on your sketch and THANKFULLY for pinterest boards was able to find this post as the original source of the inspiration. Hope it's okay that I shared and linked back to you :)

Anonymous

Thank you for this sketch. I used it on my blog today for a DT challenge and linked back to your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...