Monday, August 9, 2010

Am I late?........

I've been meaning to colour this Mo Manning image of the White Rabbit, from Alice in Wonderland, for quite some time now, as I think it would come in very handy for the amount of occasions I miss. Maybe I need to make numerous versions, because if any of my family happen to read this, I can practically hear the voices now.......'Are you kidding?'.......'You got that right'....blah, blah, blah.........Let's just agree that I'm a little time challenged! But what can I say - I'm my Father's daughter (as my Mother would say!), so it's not my fault....it's genetic!! Anyhow, I digress, so here he is..........



......... as you can see, I've been at 'it' again........paper piecing that is! I knew his waistcoat (or vest for those without a British accent!) was just crying out for something a little different, so I pieced with paper from the Basic Grey Max and Whiskers collection. Now is about the time I should mention that I created this with a challenge in mind..........Little Red Wagon are calling for 'circles' on a project this week. I knew I wanted to use that great embossed 'clock' tag (from We R Memory Keepers) together with this image, so you can't miss the circle there. Add the circular embossing on the teal coloured DP, and tiny circle alpha's from Jenni Bowlin around the clock, and I think I have met challenge requirements!

I coloured mainly with Copic's and a touch of Prisma's, all DP's are Basic Grey as mentioned before. You can barely see from the photograph, but the ribbon, from Martha Stewart, has 'Happy Birthday' printed on there. I did a little 'fake' stitching around the edge i.e. paper piercing and white pen, as I was too tired to pull out sewing machine and thread!

That's it for now........I think for my next trick I will try something that may not be from Mo Manning (lol) or could even be a scrapbook layout (gasp!).

You never know............

2 comments:

Deanna

Great card!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW DT

Joanne

This card is fabulous! I never think to do paper piecing - but you have inspired to try it the next time I work with a stamped image:) Thanks for the inspiration.
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...