Monday, June 29, 2015

Sketch-y Friday at Scrapmuch? - Lucy

Well unlike the title suggests....it's obviously not Friday, but as usual I seem to be playing a game of catch-up for the current Scrapmuch? sketch challenge!

Relatives arrived from England a few days ago and are staying with us for a month which pleases me no end, but means the house is generally busy (crazy at times) and quite often loud!

I am going to try and carve out my own little crafty time, but find myself drawn to the adult conversation and goings on in the house (Lol)

Hence.....my post this week is late.....apologies!

The sketch this time around however was another lovely little bit of inspiration, and I decided to go the vintage route.

I dug into a tattered envelope of old photographs my FIL had brought over a few years ago and found a beauty of my husbands Grandmother (or Nan as we like to say).

Lucy




I believe she was around 18 at the time and this photograph I'm guessing, was probably in a small oval frame on a mantel or some such place, as it was quite jaggedly cut by hand.

I cut a vintage style frame using my Silhouette to hide those edges.



Layered papers, flowers, glittered chipboard and mesh ribbon.......



Here's Laura's sketch before I forget!



As you can see there is a larger panel in the background of the sketch, which I felt would probably overpower my page.  I wanted to keep some of the white space, but needed a little something.

If all else fails......doodle I say!



OK so this was the final Scrapmuch? sketch for the month of June, but we'll be back this Friday with another round of inspiration for you.....feel free to play along for a chance of winning a prize.

Have a great day,
Jayne.x.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...