Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Little Red Wagon #235 - DIY Flower

It's Jodi's turn to host our challenge this week over at.............


and she would like to see a flower or two of the handmade variety.

No excuses......there are thousands of versions to create, from the simple to the extremely intricate, so get cutting folding, scrunching......whatever, so long as it's not plucked straight from the packaging!

I've been hoarding a fair few Silhouette flower cut files from an artist called Jamie Lane which I thought "I'll get around to trying those one day".  They first caught my eye as they are so realistic.  There are a fair few varieties of flower and I'm sure if you are of a green fingered nature you will know the difference.

Me.....I just picked the first one I thought looked pretty!

A Lisianthus apparently!

15 layers of glue, ink and curling later, I decided they were far too pretty (and time consuming!) to just stick on a card so Plan B emerged.

Here's the result:


Who doesn't love Mason jars?

In fact, I decided if I were doing the whole 'wedding' thing over again I would have Mason jars everywhere filled with flowers, candles, seashells, candies etc. etc.

Anyhow, back to the flowers -

Yes, they are pretty time consuming but sooooo worth it in the end as they are gorgeous in real life.

I may even attempt the other eight varieties I have in my stash in say......another six months!

Why not create your own floral embellishment and link up over on the blog.  The Girlfriends are there with a little more inspiration for you.

I'll be back on Saturday because unless you've been living in a cave recently, you'll know it's International Scrapbooking Day!

Yay.....an excuse to craft the day away (if only I didn't have to go to work - boo!).

The gals over at Scrapmuch are hosting an online crop on Facebook all weekend if you care to join them.....




and Two Scrapbook Friends will be hosting a Blog Hop where the team (including myself) will showcase a sampling of crafty goodness.



I hope you can join us for a little inspiration and of course, prizes!

Til then have fun,
Jayne.x.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...