Thursday, February 28, 2013

Time for another DT reveal.

How's it going today......sick of the white stuff yet?

Personally, I am!  I don't mind the initial "Awww it's pretty" kinda thing but then, quite honestly you can keep it!  I prefer the warm, sipping something cool and dry feet kinda weather.........unless said feet are being dipped in a pool whilst sipping the something cool, know what I mean?

Anyhow, I realise I've yet again been a little slack around here so I guess I have to make up for it.

It's that time again.....time for another Two Scrapbook Friends DT reveal, so at least I'll have a few things to show you over the next few days.

This time around I was given something a little different.....for me anyhow.

I'm guessing most of you have heard of 'Project Life'.......a (hopefully!) quick, easy method of scrapbooking the everyday, perfect for today's busy lives?
Well my kit this month was something along those lines.  I was given one of the latest Photo Freedom releases by Echo Park called Today's Story.


These kits are superb value for money as they include 6 12"x12" double sided papers, 1 12"x12" sticker sheet and 5 different sleeves to hold and form instant layouts.......definitely enough stuff in there to complete the 5 pages as the only extras I added were a few embellies for dimension.

Having said that, my initial thought on seeing the kit was mild panic!

How on earth are you supposed to get the creative juices flowing onto a handful of 4"x6" cards!

The best way to tackle these things is to jump right in, and I was pleasantly surprised along the way as to how stress free these kind of packs are.

Looking back on the finished five pages, some are fairly simple, and some get a little more involved, but I guess that's the huge benefit with these kits........you can make them as quick and easy, or detailed as you like.

So here goes my first sleeve/layout...........'Hello Gorgeous!

(I could be getting myself into a slight amount of trouble if my hubby or father-in-law catch sight of these photo's floating around Blogland, but hopefully, as only one of them checks my blog I'm safe.......right Ted?!!)


 So as you can see, this sleeve consists of a variety of horizontal 4"x6" sections together with 4 vertical 4"x3"s.  You can obviously mix things up however you please with a combo of photo's and cards.....the papers give you plenty of choice when deciding what to put where.

I had the perfect vertical photo's in mind to create a gallery of sorts, so I placed them in the 4"x3" slots.  My Sharpie 'paint' pen came in handy to create the quirky frames.


 There's a great variety of cards printed on the patterned papers, perfect to hold titles, journalling or to embellish however you please.

This one holds the title, using a selection of stickers from the included sheet.


A little embellishment here, the only added extra to the pack being the rhinestones and twine .


Some of the cards give you the perfect journalling space........a Dymo labeller makes things quick and easy.

 
And finally, by adding a few wooden veneer circles, and a whole bunch of glitter, the date is recorded for posterity.


So, are you convinced to run out and buy a pack yet?

There's something to be said for working in these small sections, one at a time, especially if you are sometimes daunted by being faced with a 12"x12" sheet of card stock!

Anyhow, I will be back tomorrow with sleeve #2 and a little more convincing, so till then, have a great day,
Jayne.x.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...