Friday, February 24, 2012

Chase Away The Winter Blah's Online Crop!

Happy 'snowy' Friday!

I have just the thing today to cheer you up and put you in the mood for sunshine.............an Online Crop over at the Two Scrapbook Friends forum. The theme is, as already mentioned in the title, "Chase Away The Winter Blah's"........I think we're definitely in need of a little of that!

All you need to do to join in the fun is register in both the Gallery and Forum, check out the challenges posted, get creating and then you have a whole week to upload your creations to both the Gallery and Forum, to be in with a chance of winning some goodies......easy peasy!

So here we go, on with my challenge.

Before we actually get to it, we need a little 'word association':

When I think of chasing away the Winter Blah's I think "Sunshine".
When I think "Sunshine" I think "Summer".
When I think "Summer" I think "Vacation"..........
and when I think "Vacation" I think.........wait for it............."Postcards"!

Phew! Got there eventually, and there we have my challenge for you.......I'd like you to create a scrapbook page, card, altered item......anything really, which includes a "Postcard"or "Postage Stamp" or at least some sort of reference to the postage system. Could even be a letter, or if you're really struggling to find any of these things in your stash (surely impossible if your stash looks anything like mine!), then I will allow you to maybe broaden the use of the word "Stamp" and ..........well......maybe cheat a little! (get it? the rubber/acrylic variety?)

So I hope that makes sense, and to prove my point, I do have a sample of course.......a scrapbook page using a postcard, postage stamps and......ahem...........acrylic stamps!



I found this awesome "Postcard" paper sitting in my stash (DCWV I think!) just calling out my name. The postage stamps are provided by Nesties and my daughters..........



.........and acrylic stamps are used for the combination of tickets here...........



and for the postmark here.............



There's also some co-ordinating buttons and a little twine wrapped around the photo to finish the job............


I do hope you'll join us for the crop and maybe upload your creations, we always love to see everyone's projects.
Have a great weekend and most importantly have FUN!!
Jayne.x.

2 comments:

Dee

Haven't had the chance to check out TSF yet, but your page is gorgeous and I can see that you all had a wonderful time at Disney! Great job, Jayne!

Sharon

I just love those postal elements here Jayne! Perfect feel for that page. WTG!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...