Friday, October 7, 2011

Shine.........my new favourite card!

Hi there.....yes you've come to the right blog....I'm here again for the third time this week! Could be a record for me I think.

So, I said I would be back to show you what is currently my favourite card ever. You'll notice this changes on a regular basis, but I really do love this one. Don't know why, as it's the simplest LO with only a few embellishments, but you know when everything just comes together and you're completely satisfied?

Well for once, it happened, so here it is........Shine...........

I absolutely love this image I discovered a few weeks ago, drawn by Krista Smith of Saturated Canary Digi's, if you have not been there already, get yourself over there right now....you'll definitely not be disappointed! I've already coloured up a couple more and will be back to buy my next installment pretty soon. Anyhow, Krista has started up a challenge blog, where we get a chance to show off these beauties, so the layout for this card is inspired by there first challenge....a sketch.

The second reason I love this card is the paper. I had no intention of using anything like this, and was flicking through paper pads looking for the usual combination of a couple of PP's when BAM!! I saw it, the sentiment was decided and the deed was done.

The image 'Peace and Love Hipster' is coloured with Copic's and paper is the Echo Park 'Splash' 6"x6" pad. Everything else has been sitting in my stash for quite some time.

Here's a little close up should you feel the need........



I'm always happy with this hair colour combination - E50, E31 and E43 to give that angelic blond look.

OK I'm done for today and looking forward to a weekend of sunshine!
Have a good one
Jayne.x.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
Glitter Geeks Blog Challenge - #18 Flower PowerLink
Sew Many Cards - #70 Colour Challenge
Saturated Canary A Challenge Blog - #1 Sketch (plus opt. Halloweeen)
Gingerloft Challenge - #26 Orange
Divas By Design - #12 Button Up
Cooking It Up With Katie - #78 Fabulous, Fun and any other 'F'......I used flower.
CRAFT Challenge - 123 Bright Colours
Frosted Designs - Recipe

21 comments:

Dee

Jayne - I am behind in checking your blog and then I find two out-of-the-box cards! You have outdone yourself once again. I love how you coloured the hair in each one. I am really looking forward to the next one! Happy Thanksgiving....Dee

Anonymous

Oh WOW!! I love this little hippie chick, lol!! Fantastic choice of paper and the 'flower power' embellisments! Fabulous Jayne! xx

Betty

Gorgeous card, lovely bright colours, and a fabulous design.
Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week with this stunning creation.
Betty x x
GDT for the month of October at C.R.A.F.T

Paula

Fantastic card, fab colours! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :)

Berry

Just fab Jayne I love the background DP on this! Hugs Rebekah xx

KarenB

Your card really does shine! Love the yellow/orange - you really captured the feel of the image. Oh, I love her hair too - fab colouring!

Teresa Jaye

oh, she's a cutie! Your paper choice is perfect and I love the heart with the tiny alpha on it. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs!

Janice

A brilliant card, it really jumps out of the gallery at you! Love it. Jx

Vicky

Such a gorgeous card hun....

thanks for joining us at Divas....and good luck...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Dotty Jo

Beautiful! I also used this image, but went for pinks and kraft - however now I'm thinking I wish I'd gone punchy and bright as your version is fabulous! Jo x

Pop's Cards

HI sweetie this is stunning, love your colour choices here and great use of the sketch too, thanks for joining our first challenge hugs pops x

Jane

This is fab...so funky and bright!!
Thanks for taking part in our first challenge!

paige

Your paper is perfect for this image! great card! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft!

Unknown

Hi Jayne, wow a wonderful card. The paper just seems to match the image perfectly. Love the combination of flowers and buttons. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Shelby

Perfect card Jayne! That paper just rocks it and it goes so absolutely perfect with the image and the theme you were going with. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks for our flower power challenge.

Shelby

Lynn

Love the card and the little hippie girl is super cool!!
Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
Huggs
Lynn DT x

Unknown

I love your card, its very 70's looking. You did a great job using the buttons as embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this weeks.

Helen Anderson

Cool man!! Love your seventies card Jayne, it's so cheerful!

Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

Helen xx

Anonymous

Super cute card! I love the heart with the word SHINE and the twine. So many different embellishments. It really makes the card stand out. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

LORi

Super duper CUTE Jane!! So happy you shared with SC!! Hope you are doing great my friend!
HUGS -LORi

Eli

Beautiful card, very original choose of colors and picture. Great work!
Eli (Frosted Designs)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...