Sunday, May 29, 2011

Live Life Glamorously!

It's Sunday, and thought I'd drop in for a visit....why not?

Today's card has a very generous helping of..........'Je ne sais quoi!' I love this image which I've had for quite some time, waiting for just the right amount of inspiration to take hold. Now the deed has been done, and I love it.......here's 'Satine' from Sassy Studio Designs........

Yes I think the term I'm looking for is....Ooh La La!

I'm pleased with this card for a whole bunch of reasons:

Firstly.......I love the image, but the fact that it was a freebie makes it even more awesome!

Secondly.........I'm finally happy with the colouring.....this was the first (and probably last!) time I've coloured stockings............NERVE WRACKING I tell ya! I'm the first to admit that I am NOT an artist, I cannot draw to save my life, so I just go with my gut and hope things turn out OK. I think these finally did....it just took half an hour of my 'bestest' concentration....made me sweat!

Thirdly.....it's paired with some of my all time favourite papers, from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 line....a perfect combination!

Lastly........the sentiment (another perfect match!) was yet another 'freebie' from the generous Paulette, over at Create with TLC.

Satine is coloured with Copic's, and added into the card mix are ribbon from Michael's (ruffled using double sided tape) and flowers/rhinestones from the dollar store.

Yummy!

I hope to be back sometime during the earlier part of the week, so enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll see you then.

Here's to some sunnier temperatures.....apparently!
Jayne.x.

----------------------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
Stamps & Fun=Creativity - Flower Power
Diva's By Design - #2 One for the Girls
Truly Scrumptious - #57 Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbons - #24 Anything Goes
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - Things of Beauty
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Ooh La La
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - #41 Anything Goes

12 comments:

Tracey T

I am completely blown away by this wonderful card! I love the image, which is coloured fabulously, and the papers and I NEED that sentiment. Your card fits our challenge perfectly - thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Debbie

Oh Jayne What a fantastic take on our Ooh La La French challenge this week at Sweet Stampin, good luck your card is lovely. Debbiexx

Fiona

wow Jayne...fabulous card, great layout and stunning papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Dee

Jayne - glamorous is just the right word for your wonderful card, love the red and black and the stockings are perfect....Dee

Unknown

Hi Jayne, Wow! What a gorgeous card. Love the image - wouldn't have guessed you worried about colouring it. It's perfect! The patterned paper is just fab and the ribbon / bow is stunning. Thanks for joining us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

An Occasional Genius

Hi Jayne (now here's a sentence I have to laugh as I'm writing!!) I think your stockings look amazing! It's a beautifully coloured images all round. Love the papers too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Anonymous

Oh my word!!!! What a fabulous card Jayne!! Your colouring is amazing and I just love the way you have put the whole wonderful creation together. xx

Bella´s Bastelecke

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at SFC…....
Hugs GDT-Bella

Unknown

Ooh La la indeed! Fabulous! :)

Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!

Hugs,
True :D

Vicky

Such a beautiful card Jayne...!

thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool)

awesome!!!
thanks so much for joinin us at TCPF!!!

Joanne

Just beautiful Jayne!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...