Saturday, August 22, 2015

Explore

Ok, I just got home from work so I'm a little later than expected with this post but it's worth the wait!

I get to blow my own horn a little as a couple of months ago I surprisingly (more like totally astonishingly!!) won the monthly challenge over at Scrap Around The World!!!!

I don't know if you're familiar with this challenge blog but I drop in pretty regularly to ooooh and ahhhh over the DT creations and equally awesome entries from scrappers all over the world and occasionally, when I have the time I'll link up my own effort.

The first time I entered I managed to snag an 'Honourable Mention" which believe me pleased me no end, but the second time I actually won!

After my initial disbelief, then happy dance, came the reality that I'd be invited as a Guest Designer, and that's when the panic set in.

The SATW blog is constantly full of the most amazing creations which are totally inspiring, so my only hope is that I wouldn't embarrass myself! Lol

Anyhow, here is the current Mood Board I was given for inspiration:


Gorgeous it is too.

I could have gone so many routes with this, but in the end I decided to take a little from each of the photographs.

Here's my interpretation:



Lots of layers behind the photo's including paper, die cuts, embossed chipboard and thread, and just to mess up that gorgeous 'map' background paper a little, I added texture paste through a stencil and inked coffee mug stains.


A vintage style photo slide seemed the perfect place to tuck a little wooden bicycle.......


.........and the title was created by using my Cameo to cut 4 layers of cardstock, glue them together for a little extra dimension then inked to match the colour scheme.

Finally, a great little quote in the top corner which I've always liked, and I thought it would be fun to place it on 'signpost' style strips.


I think that's about all and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.......think I can hold my head up!

There's still time to join in with this months Mood Board Challenge so feel free to link up your own interpretation......there's always a whole bunch of fabulous prizes up for grabs.

A big thanks to the SATW team for the honour of winning and the awesome Guest DT opportunity.  I'll definitely be stopping by on a regular basis for my dose of inspiration.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

JanR

This is gorgeous, Jayne! I love all the details. Congrats on your win!

Sharon

Way to go Jayne! Love your beautiful layout. I will need to check out this challenge blog.

Chantal Vandenberg

Congratulations! Your work is amazing - I'm your latest follower! :)

Ruth Gauss

Fabulous page! I love how you mixed the elements, and especially the map background! Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...