Friday, December 5, 2014

Sketch-y Friday at Scrapmuch? - Laugh.

Can you believe it's December 5th already?

Are we feeling festive yet?

I'm just about entering a mild festive panic, wondering when I'm going to get all my gift shopping done as I've been working without a day off for the last couple of weeks, and don't have a free day in the near future either.

The joys of working retail.......'tis the Season!!

We have plans to start putting up decorations and the tree tonight at home, and probably for most of the weekend in and around more work shifts.

I think there could be wine involved! (hopefully!)

Today however, it's time for a brand new Sketch-y Friday Challenge and therefore DT Inspiration from Team B over on the Scrapmuch? blog.

I'll go right ahead and fess up what I did before I post my page.

Earlier in the week on the day our DT pages were due, I thought I was well ahead of the game having completed my page a couple of weeks earlier (for once!) at a scrappy retreat.

This theory flew right out of the window when I realised on the day of posting, that I'd actually used the Sketch intended for the for the next reveal......duh!

Plan B - scramble to put a page together that evening after work, to submit the next morning.

The reason I'm sharing this with you is that I've come to a conclusion.

I scrap better under pressure.

I'm not saying my pages are necessarily better, but I always feel happier with the results.  Maybe it's the lack of procrastination that moves the creative process along nicely?

Eh....who cares?!  All I know is I was more than happy to complete a page that didn't look like something from the last period of the day in Kindergarten.

You can make up your own mind. Lol

Laugh.



I love the title alpha's that I've been hoarding forever from Prima - perfect for this page as 'Laugh' is what we did!

My Mom uses a wheelchair for the most part to help her get around, so whenever we're out shopping she becomes our trusty truck/trolley (voluntarily I might add just in case anyone feels they should report me to some sort of society for protection of the elderly!).

We usually start laughing at some point when the pile of goods reaches her chin.  My (older) British friends will appreciate when I say, remember the kids TV show Crackerjack from years ago with Ed Stewart (Stewpot I think we used to call him!)?

At one point in the show, kids had to answer quick fire Quiz questions in order to win, and consequently hold prizes.  We're not talking iTunes or Gift cards here......we're talking good old fashioned actual toys in boxes, so obviously the more answers they got right, the harder it became to hold everything.  If they answered wrongly, they got a Savoy cabbage to hold......drop the cabbage and you loose!

To cut a long story short, in the midst of our laughter and serious loading of our substitute 'truck', my Mom asks "Where's the cabbage?"

This was not very productive!!

Anyhow, back to the page.

Thank goodness for the Silhouette on this one as there are plenty of cut elements.......


I'm also glad I finally got to use another hoard......patterned papers (Fine and Dandy I think!) from My Minds Eye.  Also had to get another one of my faves on there - wood.


Finally.....back to that title and a couple of stamped chevrons which remind me of tire tracks.


Maybe one day I'll share the story of 'Nanna', her wheels, and a little trip to Old Navy.......how one Grandma can bring down a whole store!

Think I'll save that one for another time.

Here is this weeks fabulous Sketch......


Why not join us by linking up your own creation over on the Scrapmuch? blog.  As always , there's a prize to be won!

That's it from me so have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next week,
Jayne.x.

7 comments:

Tracey

Wow! I am just loving this Jayne!! The pops of orange are awesome!

JanR

What a cute story to match a wonderful layout! Now I neeeeeed to know the Old Navy story, so don't forget that you promised to tell us!

Laureen

WOW I love everything on your layout! The colours, the arrows, the photos, the embellies, the journal, and many more! So much pretty details to look at! Great take of the sketch!

Unknown

Love your page Jayne and I always love reading your stories too!

Sandy Ross

Jayne, I love your stories on your posts as much as I love your creations! Another fabulous layout!

Welcome!

What a great layout and story to go along with it! Love the middle picture of 'Nanna'...makes me laugh, what a trooper - she should charge some sort of holding fee...lol!

Tiiu

Awesome story! Awesome layout! And I totally need the Old Navy story! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...