Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Sketchy Challenge 'Olympic' Style!

Hello there, it's time for another Sketchy Challenge over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, and in the spirit of continuing our 'Olympic' themed challenges we are posting for the duration of the Olympics, I thought I'd add a few elements to this weeks sketch.

More about that in a moment, but first, here's the sketch.........




There are 3 main Olympic themes I incorporated onto this weeks sketch:

#1 The three central elements are inspired by the Olympic podium - every athletes goal for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

#2 There are 5 rings included in the layout, to represent the 5 Olympic rings.

#3 A flag, a symbol representing any one of over 200 countries competing in this years games.

I have a sample layout for you, and the first thing you may notice is that my page is not in the least 'Olympic' related......I have girls who are not interested in anything more aggressive than to float around the house in dance shoes!  The result is not too many 'sporty' type of pics.  However, I think you'll agree, the photo I've used most definitely represents the country in which this years games are being held.

The second thing you may notice is that I veered away from my own sketch (just a little).........the beauty of a sketch I believe........we're allowed to go wherever it takes us!

Here's my page.........




I opted against using two photographs in favour of going with a single over sized (5"x7") instead, and created the three tiered podium by using a stencil and white distress stain.  The rings are there of course........





 as well as the flag........an extra one added for good measure!



 I decided on a little random layering in place of the second photograph, and messy zig-zag stitching finishes the job.





I like the versatility of this sketch in that it could be used for one, two or three photo layouts........make it your own in any way you choose.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with this weeks challenge, but don't forget to upload your projects to the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum and Gallery, in order to collect those valuable buttons.

Have fun and I'll see you next time,
Jayne.x.

2 comments:

Dee

Love your sketch and application of it! Great colours to go with the picture too! All the embellishments just add to the page's appeal! Another great sketch, Jayne!

Joanne

Your sketch is awesome and I adore your layout!! You are an amazing scrapbooker!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...