Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy is as happy does..........

Hi everyone, hope you're all feeling good. I'm feeling pretty good myself today, probably because it's my 'Happy Birthday' today.....Yay! I shall celebrate by going to work........Boooo! But first, I 'll spend some time trawling the craft stores, and..........eating! What more could a girl want?

Another reason to be happy today...............it's time for a new challenge over at the Lollipop Shop. Could this day get any better?

So today we have another colour challenge and here are your contenders this week...........
Hmmmmm, I like! Certainly no objection to using those.....only problem is, deciding on which yummy, full of sweetness by Lori Designs image to use! I finally decided on one of the Puddle Jumpers.......... 'Harper' and her dolly........or 'dollies' in this case..................


I've been itching to get my hands on this image since it was released last week, you can get yours of course over at the Lollipop Shop. When I was colouring, I gave her sleeves (you could colour her either way) but all of a sudden, she looked so grown up and........responsible! Couldn't have that.........I knew we needed at least a little mischief in there......hence the 'tower' of dollies! I think she does a good job of looking all innocent...........reminds me of my kiddiewinks!

So, they are coloured with my Prisma's, except for skin where I used Copic's. Papers are from an awesomely, awesome line from Cosmo Cricket called 'Circa 1934', which I've been searching for, for a couple of weeks and finally found the other day..........Oh Happy Day! I also embossed the paper and rounded corners, obviously, and added a 'Nestie' die cut on there. Chocolate brown ribbon is from Michaels, button and 'doll' charm are from my stash ($ store I believe) and the bakers twine is Jillibean Soup. Lastly, I printed the sentiment (which is included with the digi, along with one other) onto Kraft card stock, inked and popped in various places to create dimension, and added a 'Dewdrop'.

The inspiration for my layout comes from a sketch I found at Card Patterns..........


So that's it for now, don't forget to hop over to the Lollipop Shop and check out what the rest of the DT came up with. Why not join in the fun..........you just need to use an image from by Lori Designs to do so.I'll be back later with some challenge entries, so till then...............

----------------

Challenges entered:

Card Patterns - Sketch #98

The Crazy Challenge - #50 Buttons

Wild Orchid Challenge - #15 Let's get Sentimental

Tuesday Morning Sketches - #77 Heavy Metal

Simon Says Stamp - Bingo (I used a Die Cut/Dry Embossing/Ribbon)

Cute Card Thursday - #148 Use a 123 Recipe (I used 1 button/2 papers/3 different images)

Pixie Dust Studio - #58 Use a button(s)

15 comments:

Liz

Jayne Wishing you the happiest of days Hun lots of craft goodoes and hope there is a great Year ahead for you

Liz xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dora

Hey Happy Birthday Jayne, hope you had a great time craft shopping and this card is just so cute. no wonder your hands were itching you. Hugs xxx

laney

Happy Birthday Jayne , hope you've had a special day!!
hugs
laney

Rebekah

Happy birthday Jayne! What a stunningly cute card just adorable, hope you had fun spending! Hugs Rebekah xx

Berenice R.

Super cute card! :)

Bettina

happy birthday jayne! what a fantastic cute card. love the colors,just my alley at the moment.loving the image too. hope you had a fab time shopping and eating. psst...i have a bloveversary candy on my blog, 1 year already, if you wanna join. see ya! hugs!

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad)

Jayne Happy Birthday! I just love your card and the coloring is amazing. I just love the richness of her dress and I like how you added multiple dollies to the card.

Vanessa

Oh, Happy Birthday to you! Love your card, the image is adorable and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

SYLVIA-ANNE

Happy belated birthday Jayne! This is such a beautiful card - love the papers and the cute image, and that tower of dollies is fabulous!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Julie

So cute. That image is darling and colored beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Julie

Joanne

Just lovely Jayne! And Happy Birthday to you!
Joanne xo

~amy~

absolutely DARLING! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Melissa Craig

This is really adorable! I love the Lollipop images. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jacki Randolph

Oh Jayne this is so cute!!! What a sweet card with the not so innocent Lollipop sweetness!
Thanks for sharing with us at TMS!

debby4000

Adorable sweet card Jayne, pretty colours too.
Lovely that you could join us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...