Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yeah baby!

It's my Hubby's Birthday today, so I'm wishing him a Happy one, especially as he's feeling just a tad under the weather right now. Hopefully, this card will break out just a little smile, cause boy, this guy is cool. From one 'dude' to another...........meet Maurice..........


I don't know why I love this image so much......I think because he's so totally 'uncool'.......he's 'cool'.....are you with me? Anyhow, I bought this digi over the weekend from Pollycraft, a UK company I believe, and they have a great range of awesome images, at really (and I mean really) reasonable prices, for those of us on this side of the pond.

I coloured with Prisma's, and Copics for skin, and you may have guessed that I paper pieced the shirt and tie.........found two of the loudest, most uncoordinated patterns I could (Cosmo Cricket), but I think they actually look quite good together! I also added Glossy Accents to his glasses, used a 'Nestie', one of Queen Martha's punches, some bargain 'twill' ribbon and October Afternoon alpha's. DP's are from We R Memory Keepers which are finished with stitching and distressing.

Maurice will......I think...... be attempting 'the running man' (and don't tell me you don't remember that 'oh so cool' dance move from the 80's!) into the following challenges:

Pollycraft Monday Challenge - #64 Anything Goes

Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge - Anything Goes

Ooh La La Creations - #64 Nothing Floral

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 31 Step away from the Square

Wild Orchid Challenges - #7 Stitch It Up

Karber Weekly Challenge - #8 Go Digital

Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog - #11 All Sewn Up

Paper Cutz Challenge - #61 Use 3 Patterned Papers

Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - #46 Punch It Out

Fab'n'Funky Challenges - #43 Use a Digi

Have a 'groovy' day.

13 comments:

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad)

Jayne, I absolutely love the card and the cute Maurice image. I had to rush right over to Pollycraft and make him my own.

Wendi

Fabulous fun card love that image
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Paula

Amazing, AMAZING card!!! Love everything about it!
LOVE the paper piecing on his shirt!!!
Thanks for using Maurice, and for joining us at Pollycraft!!

Paula xx
and Sherry really did come right over and buy him ;)...

Marianne

That card is so funny!
It really made me smile! funny!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
Marianne

Lena Katrine

Georgeous creation in beautiful colours and nice details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

craftybunny

Oh,this made me chuckle.This just appeals to me.Gorgeous colour scheme and the wording is a stroke of genius.Thanks for joining us at CSSC :D
Lisa x

Jo

LOVE IT! *claps* :)
Thank you for joining us at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Lindsey

Great card! I love the lettering. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky and Sweet Stampin' this week x

Milliesmarvels

This is so much fun Jayne! I love Maurice too and you have made him look so cool!
Jane
x

joey

Jayne I absolutely love your card Maurice is a hot fave here I love Him!!! love that you have given him a funky shirt too! Thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey.xxx

shell

ooohhh wow i love this its so quirky....thanks for joining us this week at Sarah Hurley Challenges.
Shell xx

Melly

Gorjuss wee card with a fab funky image!
thanks for playing over on Sarah Hurleys Challenge blog!
Oh and ....Thanks for joining us over on Crafty Cardmakers
Hugs Melly xxx

Princess Scary

love this card!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges :o)

Sarah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...